☆ WELCOME ☆

...to Vanilla Fries, Taina's third weblog. This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer 5 or above with 1024x768 resolution. Help this site be browser-friendly, send some feedback. ♥


☆ THE WALKING CONTRADICTION ☆

Taina is your typical, introverted 17-year old born under the star of Taurus. She's the shy-and-quiet type who, when online, turns into her evil and sarcastic alter-ego, Yuki. From her biased point of view, she considers herself as a rabid yaoi fangirl, a budding writer, a frustrated artist, an idealistic realist, and a lost soul creating her place in the world.

 

Among other things, she enjoys reading, psychologizing people, writing, web designing, drawing, watching anime, conversing, eating, a bit of debating, walking, traveling, sleeping and drowning herself in music. At the moment, she is trying to fall deeply and wholly in love with the Lord.

 

In her own little way, she is constantly making steps to achieve her goal of world domination, (cliché as it may sound) hauling the Philippines from its third-world status through the revival of its own culture.

 

[obsessions <3] Yaoi, bishie guys that have tragic pasts and dark secrets... my bishounen, chocolate, anime, computers, Photoshop, books, the web, and God.

[dreams to be] a J-pop singer / psychologist / mangaka / web designer / writer ...in the somewhat near future

 

[E-mail] [Friendster] [FF.net]

[DeviantArt] [FictionPress]

 

☆ VANILLA FRIES ☆

...is a never-ending story. It came from the shortened version of French fries and vanilla ice cream. Why, you ask? Because the two go better together than with ketchup. And because the author had no imagination, and was eating said finger food smothered in aforementioned dessert when she was thinking up of a blog name. Ta-da! XD

 

☆ COVER PAGE ☆

Version one features the fanservice-y Host Club from the manga/anime Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori. Blue and yellow abound in an attempt to create a summery feel. Image came from Sakura Dance, texture from Karmakaze Designs and brushes from Imprints. Created using Adobe Photoshop, coded with Microsoft Frontpage.

 

☆ CATEGORIES ☆

AnimeBooks ☆  Crack FangirlingLife Literally speaking MemoriesMusic Opinions School Sitely  ☆ Taglish Quizzes

 

☆ READS ☆

CarlaAte ChiquiJamesJoshuaMichanMaye Miguel

 

 

Saturday family-time :D

Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

 

listening to: Sunday - Babystars
mood: content

We went to our neighbor's baby's baptism today. We woke up extreeemely early, and for the first time we actually got to the venue well before the indicated time. (My family is a faithful advocate of the Filipino time. Sad.) We were actually the first ones there.

The church was pretty nice. A wedding was going on when we got there. It was beautiful, but it really wasn't the wedding I had in mind. It was not at all solemn, some people at the back where chatting, fidgeting with their phones. And it looked kind of sad. I just felt that aura while looking at couple in front. For some reason.

And, creepily enough, I envisioned my own. I mean, lol XD. I really can't see myself donning a beautiful gown, walking down the flower-laced aisle... just... can't. And that's a good thing. For now. :D

A few minutes later all the guests started to arrive. So we proceeded to the small room attached to the side of the church, where the baptism was supposed to take place. But since the room was so small, only the ninongs and ninangs were allowed to stay in front. The rest of us loitered in the main part ot the church, making noise, (the wedding was over) picking flowers (from the aisle), exploring the place (churches are always nice to explore).

After the baptism, rabid picture-taking ensued. I guess, memories are better relived when visually accompanied.

I realized how bonded everyone was. Eveyone invited were our neighbors, and we've got this whole happy family-community thing going on. The feeling is just too nice. I can't imagine how close everyone has become, but its apparent everytime one of us has a birthday, or celebration, or whatever. Even in problems we join one another.

Really, it's just like a family.

Then we ate at the nearby Aberdeen Court. The food was... okay, save for the other dishes. The utensils were really bad. D: I think they were a bit dirty. Service was over all bad.

But nevermind--we had cake! Lots and LOTS OF CAKE!

And I died of sugar overload, and we all went home.

By then you'd think my food overload adventures had stopped. Nah-ah! We were pleasantly surprised when they invited us over to their house again for dinner. It was like lunch all over again, except that the food was great and the utensils even better. I confess home cooked food is definitely better. <3

Anyway, Welcome to Christian World, Kerby! ♥

***
Yesterday, I took my special entrance examination in UST. While waiting in the lounge (I refer to any waiting place as a 'lounge') a guy who sat beside me was listening to Avenue Q. My inner fangirl was giggly.

The test was okay. It was really cold, just like when I took the UPCAT, but I didn't learn from past mistake and conveniently forgot to bring a jacket. The first test, I wasn't able to answer all. But I guess it was all right since it was indicated there that it wasn't meant to be answered completely. English was pretty easy, and so was Science. The Math subtest killed my brain a bit, especially when it came to the circular functions. ARRRGH.

But it was definitely a lot easier than the UPCAT. (I left many blanks in the said test. ;_;)

I got home around 1pm. For us who were gonna take up Fine Arts, we were given a special test and a talent test. I have a feeling I won't pass both.

Results'll be out on the 22th. Hm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home