☆ WELCOME ☆

...to Vanilla Fries, Taina's third weblog. This site is best viewed using Internet Explorer 5 or above with 1024x768 resolution. Help this site be browser-friendly, send some feedback. ♥


☆ THE WALKING CONTRADICTION ☆

Taina is your typical, introverted 17-year old born under the star of Taurus. She's the shy-and-quiet type who, when online, turns into her evil and sarcastic alter-ego, Yuki. From her biased point of view, she considers herself as a rabid yaoi fangirl, a budding writer, a frustrated artist, an idealistic realist, and a lost soul creating her place in the world.

 

Among other things, she enjoys reading, psychologizing people, writing, web designing, drawing, watching anime, conversing, eating, a bit of debating, walking, traveling, sleeping and drowning herself in music. At the moment, she is trying to fall deeply and wholly in love with the Lord.

 

In her own little way, she is constantly making steps to achieve her goal of world domination, (cliché as it may sound) hauling the Philippines from its third-world status through the revival of its own culture.

 

[obsessions <3] Yaoi, bishie guys that have tragic pasts and dark secrets... my bishounen, chocolate, anime, computers, Photoshop, books, the web, and God.

[dreams to be] a J-pop singer / psychologist / mangaka / web designer / writer ...in the somewhat near future

 

[E-mail] [Friendster] [FF.net]

[DeviantArt] [FictionPress]

 

☆ VANILLA FRIES ☆

...is a never-ending story. It came from the shortened version of French fries and vanilla ice cream. Why, you ask? Because the two go better together than with ketchup. And because the author had no imagination, and was eating said finger food smothered in aforementioned dessert when she was thinking up of a blog name. Ta-da! XD

 

☆ COVER PAGE ☆

Version one features the fanservice-y Host Club from the manga/anime Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori. Blue and yellow abound in an attempt to create a summery feel. Image came from Sakura Dance, texture from Karmakaze Designs and brushes from Imprints. Created using Adobe Photoshop, coded with Microsoft Frontpage.

 

☆ CATEGORIES ☆

AnimeBooks ☆  Crack FangirlingLife Literally speaking MemoriesMusic Opinions School Sitely  ☆ Taglish Quizzes

 

☆ READS ☆

CarlaAte ChiquiJamesJoshuaMichanMaye Miguel

 

 

4 in the morning

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

 

listening to: 4 in the Morning - Gwen Stefani
mood: subdued

I've never been a big fan of Gwen Stefani, but I really really like some of her songs. The first song of hers which really captivated me (and is still a favorite up to now) is Don't Speak. Then there are those songs which are just irritating, or pointless, perhaps both, but is a bit amusing and new that somehow I'll end up liking it anyway. Like Wind it Up, and The Sweet Escape. The latter was easy to like since my sisters were always listening to it, but the former I am still wary of.

When I first saw the video of 4 in the Morning, I immediatley liked it. She just looked beautiful in a very natural and heartbreaking way. The music itself and the lyrics quickly pulled at my heart strings as well.

And all I know is you’ve got to give me everything
Nothing less 'cause you know I give you all of me .

And how true.

Or perhaps I fell in love with the song because it goes well with what I'm feeling at moment, given the recent event that happened. I'm just... sad.

It's been raining for a few days now. The rain was torrential last night. According to the weathermen, it's bye-bye summer. I know I've been cursing the heat for the past months, and I'm finally getting what I want (which is cool weather), but somehow I want the sunshine again. The rain is adding to my depression. I realized that the gray and bleak colors I am greeted with during the afternoon are not at all uplifting. (Of course they're not. Silly.) I wanted a subdued, cool, calm environment. Not one that would inspire me to be more lethargic than I already am.

Home isn't as bright as summer-y as before, too.

I'm looking forward to classes--maybe because I've got too much time on my hands, and I'm spending most of those precious minutes thinking. Just thinking. And too much thinking is bad. Everything in excess is bad. I've done some bumming around as well but that only added to my lack of productivity, which added to my thinking list.

By the time classes kick in, I'll be swamped with assigments, school stuff and work to think about life. I'll be busy, busy, busy and I like that. No time to get depressed.

Forgive me, the escapist in me is awakening again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I like gwen stafani too! I think Hollaback Girl is catchy (kahit medyo lewd xa XD). And I read the full lyrics of 4 in the morning. It was really touching.... Bakit, can your relate to it?

    Are you love sick?! *giggles* Oist young lady!! Hmph! Are you going out with someone? Heart-broken? YOu know you can always tell me your problems.... =)

    Yung last part ng post mo really cheered me up. You're right. Yeah! Nakakadepress nga 2ng ulan na to. I'm also looking forward to classes. It's the only solution to the depression I'm experiencing right now. When school starts, we won't have time to get depressed!

    YAY! FIRST COMMENT! ^__^

    God bless!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM  

  • Ah~... I forgot Hollaback Girl. Yes, it's catchy, lyrics aside. Hehehe.

    Young lady ka d'yan?! Hmph. Masbata ka kaya sa 'kin! Love sick ako, pero I dunno what kind. Maybe I'm sick because of love, or I'm sick of love na. I dunno. Nevermind, I'm not making sense. Hehehe.

    This is the first time I actually missed school. lol.

    Thanks! *squishes yeh*

    By Blogger Taina, At June 2, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home